So I decided I am now going to say I am retired, rather than unemployed.
Unemployed people are stressed that they don't have jobs.
Retired people live it up.
I am definitely living it up!
I actually have had a job offer for about a week now, but I am having a hard time committing until I hear an offer from another company. Obviously I will soon be employed by either company and coming out of retirement. Sad face. That also means homegirl is moving to Salt Lake very soon, which I am really excited about!!
Retirement has been AMAZING.
Dave, Cath, and I have been having a great time. We go on walks, eat treats, play cards, go shopping, watch movies, etc. I told them that I think we should just be roommates forever! I really am one of those weird kids that is completely content hanging out with those two. Probably because I get a real kick out of them!
Some great things about retirement lately:
1. My Words With Friends games have improved IMMENSELY. I used to always lose, because I didn't really pay attention due to lack of time. Now I have all the time in the world to scheme and come up with super great words that I can beat people with. Unfortunately, my older sister Katie has taken quite a beating lately. She probably can't wait until I get a job.
2. I see my favorite children DAILY.
3. Today I went running TWICE. I mean, why not? I have time!
4. I feel like I have re-kindled so many relationships I didn't used to have time for.
5. I am just soo happy and completely not stressed one bit. I can't wait for real retirement.
I now understand why old people are so happy. I used to wonder what they did all day. Now I know, and I am telling you guys, retirement ROCKS!!
I will let you know how the whole job offers thing works out. It really is so weird comparing salaries, bonuses, and benefit packages. I am still trying to figure out when I became an adult and people started taking me seriously...
Here is a pic of one of my favorite gals. We have gotten really close during this whole retirement phase. Probably because I bring her sugar and dance with her. Homegirl really knows how to shake that booty. It is one of those things that is cute now, but if I see her doing it when she is 14 or older, she is going to get a piece of my mind!