- When you do better on a test than you thought you would
- When there is one last fruit snack that I didn't see in the package
- When you find a song that perfectly describes your mood
- When you go on a run and it completely turns your day around
- When someone tells you how amazing they think you are
- When you feel appreciated for all of your hard work
- When you find money in your pocket
- When you take a short nap and it totally rejuvenates you
- When you look in the mirror and think "I look good"
- When you get on the scale and weigh less than you anticipated
- When you get a phone call or note from a long-lost friend that you didn't expect
- When the team you coach wins by 51 and 54 the past two games!!
That's all I can think of at the moment, but there are a lot of "best feelings" out there. A lot of "best feelings" happen when someone makes you feel really good. Why not try and give someone a "best feeling" everyday? Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we told people how great they are, how much they are appreciated, and how much we love them? Everyone would have a "best feeling" at least once a day...and that might be enough to turn someone's day around, or even life around.
When I was in high school, I had a lot of hard times and challenges. There was one person who turned it all around for me. Just by telling me how great they thought I was and they would notice even the little things that I did and tell me how much they appreciated it. They would tell me they loved me until I believed it. When you feel that love and safety provided by another person, it can really turn things around for you...it did for me.
So go be that person for someone. You never know what someone is going through and who needs to hear those things. You could be the person to save someone, just by letting them know how you feel.
Love is probably the most powerful gift that anyone could give.