This year is going to be my year. I have already decided. Back in college, I used to make goals every Sunday. 3 goals for each category: Physical, Educational/Career, and Spiritual. I have decided to continue that by creating 3 BIG goals for each category, and then every Sunday writing goals that will help accomplish those goals. These are my New Years 2013 Resolutions:
- Qualify for Boston Marathon at Utah Valley Marathon on June 8th
- Run Nike Women's Half in DC at a 7:30 pace, or 1:38 time
- Complete a Century Bike Race
- Get promoted/Take on more responsibilities
- Study for and take the GMAT
- Get into Grad School
- Read entire Book of Mormon (I am embarrassed to say I always make it to Alma and never finish)
- Do baptisms for the dead one time a month (I have only gone 2 times in my entire life, so this is a big goal!)
- Participate in more service opportunities
After I made my goals, I then created a detailed plan on what I need to do to accomplish all of my goals on a regular basis.
I have already made great progress towards my goals. Today, I went to the gym for the first time in weeks! I also created a marathon training food diary to keep track of what I am fueling my body with and what will help me get faster and stronger....and help me cut back on the stuff that's bad for me. And last but not least....I just signed up to take the GMAT on February 23. I am terrified. More terrified than any marathon I have ever done. The program requires a 600 or more. The range is 400-800....YIKES!
I decided it would never happen until I just made the commitment and scheduled it. You can now find me at work, the library, or the gym for the next little while.
I am sooo excited for 2013 and to put the last 6 months behind me! Onto bigger and better things in life!
Post a Comment