Here's a run down of my thoughts from yesterday's race:
- I really should start training before I run half marathons.
- Donuts and energy drinks are the BEST pre-race breakfast.
- A race without porta potties might not seem like a big deal, but it is a HUGE deal. When you gotta go during a race, your body isn't messing around!!
- Worst calve cramps EVER = Drink more powerade. More powerade = WORST stomach cramps. This kid just can't win!
- Slowest time ever, mostly because I really didn't care and took a good fifteen minute break to go to the bathroom at a park in the canyon where there were like 30 people waiting in line.
- Being able to see the finish line for an entire 5 miles at the end REALLY messes with your head.
- I'm completely insane and went on a 2 mile run today to get the lactic acid out of my legs.
- I'm even more insane and have been obsessing over signing up for the Big Cottonwood full marathon this fall.
- Best part about running = eating guilt free all weekend long!
I'm kind of obsessed with the fact that I have wings coming out of my running shoes. Speaking of running shoes...I haven't gotten any new ones since JANUARY! That's gotta be a personal record!
Every runner should have this handy at ALL TIMES! It's an absolute MUST!
I just realized today that I have ran 10 half marathons in the past 1.5 years! That's pretty sweet! I don't plan on slowing down any time soon...even though my acupuncturist told me that I have beat up my body so bad, that I have the body of a 40-year old. WOOF!
Who wants to run Big Cottonwood with me?? Any other insane people out there??